Home Blog Getting the most out of LinkedIn
Hello RTV virtual tour providers! Are you getting the most out of LinkedIn by optimizing your profile for search and utilizing it as a powerful lead generation tool?? If you want to learn more about linkedIn don’t forget to attend our training seminar this evening. Click here to register for the event: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/854328146
Greetings from your Nova Scotia virtual tour provider and social media director for RTV Inc. With page one Google results always in mind, today we look at LinkedIn.
LinkedIn facts: As of January 9, 2013, LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 200 million members in over 200 countries and territories. (with 74 million in the US and 7 million in Canada)
LinkedIn is a powerful tool for lead generation; establishing yourself as an authority in your niche market, all the while providing a strong Google link. Although there have been a couple recent redesigns with “the look” of LinkedIn, the following tips for optimizing your LinkedIn profile and building leads still hold true today.
Optimize your LinkedIn profile for search: 1. Know which keywords people interested in your product or service search for and optimize your profile. Use Google’s Keyword Tool to help. 2. Create a strong headline. 3. Create a custom url using your keywords. Include this url in your outgoing email signature and on your business cards. • Click Profile at the top of your homepage. • Click Edit Profile. • Note the url below your profile photo. Click Edit next to this url. (which opens a new page) • Navigate to the right hand column on the new page. Scroll to the bottom of “Customize your personal profile” to customize your public profile url”.
Click this link.
• Enter your custom url. • Click Save 4. Add anchor text to the 3 available web addresses in the contact info. These urls DO get indexed and pass SEO authority. 5. Add skills & expertise. Although LinkedIn allows for you to add 50, feature your top 3 skills and optimize your profile to showcase them 6. Ask for and give LinkedIn Recommendations/Endorsements. 7. Connect your Twitter profile to your LinkedIn account. 8. Add Rich Media (replaced by LinkedIn Apps if you have the new profile and previously had Apps installed)
Media links can be added to the Summary, Education and Experience sections: • Click Profile at the top of your homepage. • Click Edit in the top section of your profile. • Scroll down to the section you want to add content to and click the add media icon. The icon is a square with a plus sign, and when you move your cursor over it, it reads, “Add a link to a video, image, document, presentation…”. • Type or paste the link to your content into the Add a link field that appears. A picture of your content will then display with pre-filled Title and Description fields. Be sure to SEO. • Click Save
Tips: LinkedIn Lead Generation Create a LinkedIn Company Page. Your company page needs to take advantage of all the real estate that LinkedIn offers.
1. Utilize company page status updates. Attracting followers gives credibility to your company profile. If engaged, followers can amplify your message. Use the targeting feature to send updates to specific followers.
2. SEO. Include keyword rich descriptions on your company page, product and services tabs. 3. List each of your products and services and get recommendations for each. Remember to SEO.Add a link to a landing page or embed a Youtube video.
4. Attract followers: include your LinkedIn company url in your outgoing email signature, include a social icon on your website, mention your company page in your blog, get staff involved, add your LinkedIn company information to your newsletter.
5. Make sure all employees are on LinkedIn with an optimized profile and regularly post updates about your company. Have your staff look for conversations they can take offline.
6. Add a video to your virtual tour company page * Visit the RTV Inc. LinkedIn company page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/988743?trk=tyah
LinkedIn Groups – Conversations could generate new leads 1. Connect with new people, establish yourself as an expert in your industry and generate leads by Creating a LinkedIn Group. – IF you have a content strategy.
2. Create a group for your industry not for your company. People are more likely to join when they are not simply a fan of your company.
3. Encourage your connections to share content with a clear call to action
4. Incorporate your offline contacts – import CSV file
5. Share your blog and an invitation to coment
6. Join and engage with LinkedIn Groups which pertain to your niche market if you do not have a content strategy. Refer to previously published content and show expertise where possible
LinkedIn Connections Export connections. – Export your connections. Just click on “Contacts,” “My Connections,” and then scroll down and click “Export Connections.” You have the option of either exporting as a .CSV or .VCF file.
To book your Nova Scotia Virtual tours – contact us below
Posted by: RTV Tours
Posted: January 22, 2013
Category: Blog Uncategorized
Tags: social realty virtual tour company virtual tour webinar virtual tours