By implementing the following tips into your virtual tour business practices you are sure to increase your business revenue.
1. Payment acceptance options. It’s hard to believe but I still to this day see so many other virtual tour businesses out there that have only one option, and its usually the longest method. With the many options available to online business owners, try integrating one or more such as a virtual payment method or shopping cart.
2. Keeping it fresh. When was the last time you updated anything on your virtual tour site? Search engines like newly updated information and will come around more when they have something new to index. I update my site weekly, if not more. Don’t get left behind because you didn’t put in the time to keep your site up to date. Fusion is hot – show everyone you use the world’s best virtual tour system!
3. Offer something more. You can establish a presence online and become a valuable go-to site in the virtual tour industry when you share the wealth and add free helpful content and information to your visitors. I don’t know about you, but I am more inclined to buy from a site that offers something a little more than “2 for 1”.
4. The Internet has global reach. It is not uncommon for your virtual tour business to attract customers out of your area. From what I can see, it looks like most of the virtual tour providers out there are willing to sell their services as long as they can drive there. While some businesses are completely digital and can sell worldwide, our virtual tour business is tied to having physical items that need to be on site.
5. What was that catchy slogan again? For your virtual tour business to be a success, consumers must be able to remember your brand. Banana Panorama anyone? A great logo and slogan can go a long way. Make sure its present on all pages and in your communication such as through payment transactions, invoices and emails.
6. Learn from your competitors. Make a list of all of your virtual tour competitors. If they have also have websites, visit each one and gather as much information about their products and virtual tour services as you can, including rates/prices, customer service policies, delivery methods,warranties as well as their return policies. If some of your competitors do not have an online presence, it is perfectly legitimate to call the company and ask for the information from one of the customer service representatives. You may find that you are missing a lot pieces to the puzzle that may be stalling your visitors from clicking on that buy now button.
7. Trust matters. When you’re new in the virtual tour business and not very well known, its easy to lose customers to a brand that is. The one thing I see the most with lesser know businesses and brands is the lack of usage of ‘trusted digital certificates” and content that shows the buyer that its safe to purchase on your site. Use Paypal? Let them know by visibly adding the ‘Paypal verified’ logo. The bigger brands have earned the public’s trust, so now you must do the same.
8. Do respond to your email inquiries in a timely manner. You may be running your virtual tour business from home, raising a family or trying to balance your real job until your business takes off. This may very well be the case for you, but if you receive an email from a potential customer and not respond for days, guess what. They’ve already moved on. I try to respond within 12-24 hours with every email I get. Even if they don’t wind up buying from you, they may just recommend you to someone else. It pays to respond quickly, and be very helpful. Set-up a couple of accounts to make sure you are organized, such as Sales@ …. Questions@ and so forth for your business email accounts. Don’t forget to add a nifty Contact Form on your site as well.
Just know that everyone’s experience selling online is going to be different based on their particular circumstances, customers needs and demands, their budget, products, and sales team. But by staying the course and implementing these vital tips to increasing your online profits you.
Duane Williams, President
Urban Design Studios, LLC
LA Virtual Tours
Real Estate Marketing, Virtual Tours & Renderings,
Building Information Modeling & Construction Documents