Hello RTV Virtual Tour Providers! On our last Social Realty webinar we discussed Google’s new Penguin update and the importance of social sharing. You heard me say, “Google Plus has become a necessary evil”. Here is why: On our next show (September 18th) I’ll show you how to setup and optimize your virtual tour company Google+ account.
Rumored to increase your search engine ranking, First came the +1 button, Google’s way of tracking your interests to ensure it serves up the content you like. Shortly after, came Google+ and at it’s one year anniversary in June 2012, it had a total of 250 million registered users of whom 150 million are active.
What makes Google Plus a game changer is that it integrates search engine optimization and social with your identity into the Search Engine Results (SERPs) page. This is perfect for your virtual tour business!
Then came Google Inside Search – When signed in with Google+, you’ll find personal results and profiles of people you know or follow. This is where the importance of identity comes in calculating your search engine results…
Google Authorship in 3 easy steps
1. With Google Plus came the rel=author tag, which verifies you as the author of content you write. If you have noticed photos of people in Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs), this is why. They’ve linked their Google Plus profile to their content. Google’s Authorship in 3 easy steps: Read our how to blog here: * The more they see YOU, the more they associate you as an authority in your field.
2. Google Places have been entirely replaced by Google+ Local pages. Merge your Google Local page with your Google Plus Business Page and have a one-stop Google portal for your virtual tour business on the web.
3. Google favors social sharing over SEO – It’s All About Relationships. Your relationships to other Google Plus users will determine your Google rankings in the near future.
4. Keywords in Google Analytics are disappearing – Google began encrypting keyword searches in October 2012 that normally would appear in your Google Analytics reports as “(not provided).” If you are logged into Google, your Google searches are encrypted. The number of “not provided” keywords will continue to decrease.
5. Link your YouTube virtual tour company account to your Google Plus profile. – if you use Google+ and YouTube for personal branding and to build your presence online, there are advantages to making this change:
• a) brand consistency
• b) increase the seo power of your channel and your author rank
• c) ability to share private videos to your circles
6. You can use Google Analytics to monitor your Google+ traffic and engagement. As with Facebook you have to create a personal page and from that you then create your business page. Get your personal page setup (just the bare bones) for the show.
To create a business page first create your personal page and then follow this link to create a Google+ Business Page https://plus.google.com/pages/create
You’ve got 6 reasons you can’t ignore, and a guide to setup and optimize your account. Now… get out there and add us to your Circles! Follow our RTV Inc. Google Plus page:
See you on the next episode of Social Realty!! Sign up now in your RTV TMS!
RTV Social Media Director
Virtual Tour Software & Social Media Training