During the RTV virtual tour webinar regarding the LifeLock system, Jason LaVanture mentioned a few steps to take if you thought you had spyware on your computer. Could you please do me a HUGE favor and outline those steps?
Melissa my dear,
Thank you so much for your interest in keeping your computer running smoothly. There’s simply nothing worse than having a virus or spyware taking your valuable time away from you. Let me run through what Jason (The Virtual Tour Guru) was talking about on the webinar and explain what he referred to as “Protocol”.
Before spyware does strike you down you should arm yourself by going to http://www.avast.com/download-software and http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and http://www.atribune.org/ for the ATF cleaner. These three programs should be installed on your computer and you should regularly get updates for them.
Should you ever feel that your computer is running slowly or that you’re infected you should immediately take the following protocol:
1. Update Malwarebytes and then unplug yourself from the Internet
2. Turn off System Restore (I know this is a scary thing to do but please trust me!)
3. Reboot your computer in safe mode with networking by pressing F8 during boot
4. Once logged into windows run the ATF cleaner and remove all
5. Run Malwarebytes and perform a full scan
6. Once scan is complete reboot your machine once again in safe mode
7. Run Malwarebytes again, check for updates (plug in briefly and then unplug), and run a full scan
8. Continue scanning and rebooting in safe mode until your scan comes up clean
9. Boot into regular windows, plug back into the Internet, update Malwarebytes again and run another full scan
10. If the scan comes up clean turn System Restore back on and consider yourself very LUCKY!
11. Good luck out there!
Print these directions off now and tuck them away somewhere. Trust me, when you’ve got 1800 Virtual Tour Providers around the World you tend to deal with this on a daily basis!
Real Tour Vision