I am sure that the past year’s economic circumstances have undoubtedly tested you. For some folks, fear caused them to sit on the sidelines. Fortunately, I have been witness some incredible success stories despite the economy. The key to succeeding in a down market is to find the opportunity that everyone else overlooks!
Instead of focusing on the negative side of the news, I want to call your attention to the incredible reports that are becoming more frequent:
• In April existing home sales increased 2.9%
• In March Fannie Mae eased their restrictions on second homes and investment property from 4 to 10;
• In March, April and May, retailers have seen spending growth and observed better than expected sales; and in May, both Ben Bernanke and Alan Greenspan agreed that the economy is turning upward.
• In May consumer confidence hit an 8 month high and the NASDAQ posted a 30% rebound compared to the 2008 lows;
• On June 12th the DOW posted a year-to-date positive return;
• $8000 Tax Credit for first time home buyers has spurred the market into overdrive.
• Foreclosures are being gobbled up by savvy investors which is stabilizing the home buyer market nationally.
• Interest rates are still very attractive
• Home prices have come down and are very affordable to working Americans.
• Housing Starts up in 17% New home construction jumped by a better-than-expected 17 percent in May, the Commerce Department reported Tuesday, which would put the annual pace of housing starts at 532,000 units.
With news like this coming in, who can be disappointed? If you are looking for Franklin Real Estate please visit my website and let’s chat a bit. I use some of the most powerful property marketing tools when listing and selling homes such as RTV virtual tours.
Thanks and have a great day!
John Becker/Bald Head
Exit Smokey Mountain Realty
557 E. Main Street
Franklin, NC 28734