Hi Everyone! I have been shooting Virtual Tours with RealTourVision for a little over 3 years now. From time to time I have had customers request that something be removed from a tour or even go back and retake one of the 360 scenes. I have always complied with their wishes even if I didn’t think moving a chair to a different location or straightening a wall portrait was going to make much of a difference! I just figured it was a good business practice and keeping my customers happy was goal number one.
Last week, one of my Realtors(r) asked me to shoot a tour of a riverfront home. She said the owners were out of town so I could come by her office and pick up the key and shoot the tour at my convenience. The Realtor wanted my Deluxe package which includes up to 7 spins and 10 stills for $99. I built the 360 tour with 7 spins and emailed 35 stills to her at no extra charge.
Here is the link to the tour: 360 Tour
Last night the Realtor forwarded this email to me. Here is what the Owner’s thought of my tour and stills.
*****Letter from the Owners to the Realtor*****
The virtual tours are great for what they cover. We wish we would have been here to clean up prior to his shooting each area.
The pictures are also well done but have the following problems:
#1941-Citronella candle on table should be removed & replaced with Champaign & glasses.
#1944-Both candles, etc.
#1953-Stuff on counters would have been removed
#1955-Vacuum cleaner & other stuff would have been removed
#1959-Folding ladder, etc. should have been moved.
Some others had similar smaller problems that were, hopefully, not as noticeable.
Pictures of the following need to be added to justify the investment:
1. The courtyard with fountain running.
2. The gate & walk leading to the courtyard
3. The tree & garden area behind the garage & ginger plants along the neighbors wooden fence.
4. The private entrance to the Guest Quarters
5. The Guest Quarters bath
6. The dining area in the Guest Quarters & second private entrance off the patio.
7. The front entrance to the house with fountain running
8. The house North side with gate & flowers lining both the house & neighbors wood fence
9. The 4 sided fountain in the garden that is in front of the sun room.
10.The street entrance shots should include:
– light topped entrance posts with large pompous grass, etc
– mail box post the same color as the house, entrance posts, garage & driveway.
– mail box planter area that includes flowers, elephant ears & century plants
– the diamond shaped palm island that includes 3 varieties of palms & is solar lit for a soft look in the evening
– the garage that is also night lit to show the street # in white above the window against the sea foam green house color.
– The Landscape Timber curb that is the only curb in the subdivision, adding a crisp clean look to the property
11. We also talked about getting some night shots of the tree and landscape lighting that is unmatched in the neighborhood both in front & back of the house as well as along the natural wet land river bank.
Considering the price range of the house, doing the above and some other things, that I’m sure you will come up with is more than worth the effort.
Prior to any more photos being taken, we welcome your input with regard to what we should do to make them more effective as well as any other suggestions.
This incident has inspired me to create a very simple handout entitled “Virtual Tour Preparation” so each of my customers can share this information with home sellers before I show up to shoot the virtual tour. This will establish reasonable expectations in that most of us virtual tour providers are not home stagers and it will also prevent situations like this from happening in the future. On a further note I have also recently found that www.rockpointemarketing.com offers a toll free phone number that your real estate agent client can give to the home seller prior to the virtual tour provider showing up. When the home seller calls this phone number they get a recorded message establishing virtual tour expectations and gaining in preparedness.
Enjoy the weekend!!
First Coast 360
Jacksonville, Fl Virtual Tours
NEFAR Affiliate Member Since 2004
Ranked #1 on Google and Yahoo for “Virtual Tours FirstCoast”